Thursday, July 16, 2009

Los Rios


This is a daylight picture of my new favorite bar in Tena. A late night excursion on Tuesday was without my camera, so the picture was taken the next day.



Wednesday was spent providing health care for the community of Los Rios. This is a larger community where we expected many more patients... when all was said and done we saw more than 110 patients. As you can see, the drive was a bit harrowing at certain points. The second time we crossed this bridge we got out and walked for fear the bus would break the bridge.



The children were especially delightful, and we played a lot more soccer today, though I´m unsure who won. I definitely made some new friends!





After dinner, we took a walk in Tena, venturing a bit further this time. I ate some street food against many people´s judgment, but am still alive the next day. It really is an interesting place to go exploring, especially without speaking much spanish.



Last but certainly not least, Liz redeemed herself and is no longer of questionable truthfulness. This earned her una cerveza.



Would you believe me if I told you he walked close enough to touch?

1 comment:

  1. I just love all of your comments and pictures, Tyler. They really do draw me in and make me feel like I'm experiencing it with you. What an experience... one that will long in your memory and heart, I am sure!
    Love you,
    :-) mom

    ReplyDelete